Visit That Old House, where all That Old Stuff comes from!

To visit That Old House, our ca. 1832 farmhouse in northern New Jersey, and see what we're up to,
click on the Blog List link on the right, below. Or just click here to be transported!

Monday, November 7, 2011

In The Beginning . . . .

I began this blog probably a year ago,
thinking I would be actively selling old stuff on eBay or Etsy, or just through this blog.


But the ensuing months became busy, and full of both great sorrow -- losing my father -- and great joy -- our daughter's marriage.  That, coupled with some intensive home repairs and improvements both to That Old House in New Jersey, and our family's beach house on Long Island, ate up not just lots of my time, but also lots of my available brain cells.


Hey, I'm getting older.  My hard drive is getting low on space.


So now here it is, just two weeks before Thanksgiving week, and I am going to be opening a small booth at the Somerville Center Antiques mall.  In historic Somerville, New Jersey.


I've got some cleaning, painting, fussing, fixing, labeling, record-keeping, and just plain stuff (there's that handy word again!) to do as I get this venture underway.


I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with this new venture.
Come along with me, as I post about setting up and getting underway.
Wish me luck.  I haven't a blessed clue what I'm doing!


Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me . . . unless you are an "Anonymous" commenter, as most of the "Anonymous" commenters are really spammers. Sorry! No Anonymous comments, but everyone else is welcome. If you can't comment, you can email me at thatoldhouseoldstuff@gmail.com and I will answer you. Eventually. :-)