Visit That Old House, where all That Old Stuff comes from!

To visit That Old House, our ca. 1832 farmhouse in northern New Jersey, and see what we're up to,
click on the Blog List link on the right, below. Or just click here to be transported!

Monday, December 3, 2012

What's the Opposite of Smalls?


Antiques dealers lump their china and knick-knacks,
their antique linens and lamps and artwork,
under the vast umbrella of "Smalls."


Sales at my antiques booth lately have been mostly "smalls." 
Smalls are what dealers call things that aren't, well, LARGE.

These are smalls:

And so is this:

This is not: 


Here's a whole bunch of Smalls:


And . . . ditto:


So what do you call things that are not
classified as "Smalls?"

I like to call them "Sold!"
:-)
This gorgeous little table sold last week
to a lucky customer, whom I hope is
just crazy in love with it.

'Cause it deserves the very best of homes.

I hope you had a wonderful, bountiful,
and beautiful Thanksgiving!  -- Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me . . . unless you are an "Anonymous" commenter, as most of the "Anonymous" commenters are really spammers. Sorry! No Anonymous comments, but everyone else is welcome. If you can't comment, you can email me at thatoldhouseoldstuff@gmail.com and I will answer you. Eventually. :-)