Visit That Old House, where all That Old Stuff comes from!

To visit That Old House, our ca. 1832 farmhouse in northern New Jersey, and see what we're up to,
click on the Blog List link on the right, below. Or just click here to be transported!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hey Lady, Get Back To Work!


"Sold" is A Good Thing 
when you have an antiques booth.


Small-scale refinished cherry drop leaf table.  Sold.


 Not replacing what's been sold
with new old stuff?
Not so good.

Used to have two of these old darlings.  Both Sold.


I am guilty as charged.

Nursery chair, tray table, 19th century stand, and "smalls."
Sold.

I popped into my booth at
Somerville Center Antiques the other day.

All Sold.

I have been neglecting it lately.

Pretty much everything in this picture, except the cradle, Sold.

I didn't take a picture of the
near-empty booth. Too neglected-looking.

I've got some things in storage to haul out and polish up,
or paint, or otherwise make ready for a new life.

Like this piece:
This adorable miniature bombe chest needs a little more work before it is
booth-worthy.  It's been vacationing in my parlor;
I will miss its chubby good looks when it goes to the booth!

On Sunday, Howard and I are going to
a country auction.  In a barn.

Out in the boondocks of northern New Jersey.
Yes, there are boondocks in northern New Jersey,
and they are beautiful.



Wish us luck!  -- Cass

1 comment:

  1. I love that little bombe chest, sure wish I lived closer...have fun at the auction!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me . . . unless you are an "Anonymous" commenter, as most of the "Anonymous" commenters are really spammers. Sorry! No Anonymous comments, but everyone else is welcome. If you can't comment, you can email me at thatoldhouseoldstuff@gmail.com and I will answer you. Eventually. :-)