Visit That Old House, where all That Old Stuff comes from!

To visit That Old House, our ca. 1832 farmhouse in northern New Jersey, and see what we're up to,
click on the Blog List link on the right, below. Or just click here to be transported!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Auction-ing, Again

So on Tuesday, daughter Anne and I scuttled off
to eastern Pennsylvania
for an estate and household goods auction.

Where a cigar store Indian went for 16-thousand dollars.
No, I didn't buy it.
Good grief . . . 16 grand.  Makes my head spin.
Yup.  That's the Indian that fetched so much moolah.


But at the end of the evening, into the back of the red minivan
went a Sheraton wash stand in need of a surface refinishing,
an Eastlake settee that is just adorable but will probably get new fabric,
and a really pretty pie-crust-style table with snazzy legs.
It just needs a waxing, bless its little heart.

Oddly enough, all of the really nice things at this
Pennsylvania auction came out of houses in New Jersey.
Which greatly amuses me.

No time to show them to you --
I'm working at Somerville Center Antiques today,
bringing the pie crust table and my can of beeswax with me.
No rest for the wicked.

Happy Wednesday!  -- Cass


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me . . . unless you are an "Anonymous" commenter, as most of the "Anonymous" commenters are really spammers. Sorry! No Anonymous comments, but everyone else is welcome. If you can't comment, you can email me at thatoldhouseoldstuff@gmail.com and I will answer you. Eventually. :-)